Israel: $3.1 billion
Egypt: $1.5 billion
Afghanistan: $1.1 billion
Jordan: $1.0 billion
- Pakistan: $933 million"
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
"... The United States provided approximately $35 billion in economic aid to over 140 countries* in fiscal year 2014. In the map below the relative size of each country is proportionate to the aid received from the United States and the color of each country indicates GDP per capita. Of the $35 billion of total economic aid distributed, almost a quarter of funds went to five countries. Below are the top 5 recipients of economic aid in 2014.
Posted by SNi at 10/27/2015 08:00:00 PM
Friday, October 23, 2015
Friday, October 16, 2015
"... As of 2013, India had a GDP per capita of $5,200, as measured in 2005 dollars. For comparison, the US had a GDP per capita (again, measured in 2005 dollars) of $5,200 in 1881. For Haiti, the comparison is even more brutal. Its 2013 GDP per capita was $1,650. In 1800, one of the earliest years for which we have data, the US's was $2,100..."
Posted by SNi at 10/16/2015 09:00:00 PM
"If current trends continue, by 2050 …
- The number of Muslims will nearly equal the number of Christians around the world.
- Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population.
- The global Buddhist population will be about the same size it was in 2010, while the Hindu and Jewish populations will be larger than they are today.
- In Europe, Muslims will make up 10% of the overall population.
- India will retain a Hindu majority but also will have the largest Muslim population of any country in the world, surpassing Indonesia.
- In the United States, Christians will decline from more than three-quarters of the population in 2010 to two-thirds in 2050, and Judaism will no longer be the largest non-Christian religion. Muslims will be more numerous in the U.S. than people who identify as Jewish on the basis of religion.
- Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa."
Posted by SNi at 10/16/2015 07:00:00 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Posted by SNi at 10/14/2015 07:00:00 PM
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Sunday, October 11, 2015
Posted by SNi at 10/11/2015 02:38:00 PM